Covid 19 New Lodge Match Day Protocol for Billericay Town FC (Staff and Players)
Billericay Town FC has designated Ian Ansell as its Covid 19 responsible officer. The protocol will be provided to all visiting managers and each manager will be asked to attest that the protocol has been provided to all visiting players, spectators and officials.
- Government guidelines need to be obeyed when travelling to and from games.
- Players and spectators should wash and sanitize their hands before travelling.
- Anyone with any Covid 19 symptoms should not attend or participate in any games
“On The Pitch”
- The artificial pitch at New Lodge stadium has a valid test certificate.
- Goals and equipment will be regularly sanitized.
- Players should bring their own drinks and no sharing of drinks is permitted.
- No spitting or nasal cleaning is permitted.
- Hand sanitizer will be available at the entrance and exit of the pitch but we encourage players to bring their own clearly marked with their name.
- Matches will be staggered to avoid congestion as much as possible. All users are encouraged to arrive and leave promptly.
- There will be no pre or post game handshakes. This will be replaced by a social distanced round of applause.
- Goal celebration should not include any physical contact.
“Off The Pitch”
- Anyone entering the club house will be required to register and leave their name, address and contact details in case they need to be contacted for NHS test and trace. Strict social distancing measures will be maintained at all times and appropriate measures and signage have been put in place within the clubhouse. Anyone not obeying the rules will be asked to leave.
- The clubhouse has been organized to have a single point of entry and exit to avoid any congestion and contact.
- A maximum of 45 people will be able to occupy the clubhouse at any point of time. In line with a separate risk assessment.
- Additional hand sanitisers are available throughout the clubhouse.
- There are 4 sets of toilets available at the stadium. A strict one in one policy will be in place.
- Where possible disposable paper towels will be made available and handwashing stations will be available.
- Where possible doors will be left open to avoid multiple touch points, regular cleaning will be in place.
- All spectators within the stadium will be required to maintain strict social distancing rules. The stadium capacity is 3,500 so this should not be a problem. Anyone not obeying the latest government guidelines will be asked to leave.
- We require all players to arrive changed and to shower at home. The changing rooms will not be open.
- The stadium will be completely cashless and only contactless payments can be made.
- Should any visitor to New Lodge subsequently test positive for Covid 19 we expect them to adhere with NHS test and trace requirements.
We have been given such a fantastic opportunity to restart football so please don’t spoil it by failing to uphold the protocols and we very much hope that you enjoy your visit to new Lodge.
New Lodge Code of Conduct for ALL Visitors
In order to assist our staff and stewards, and to help protect you and your fellow spectators, you are kindly requested to follow these guidelines.
Before attending the New Lodge, carry out your own personal risk assessment, taking into consideration not only your age, health status and clinical vulnerability, but also, if booking for others within your social bubble, their age, health status, and clinical vulnerability.
The Club has a shared responsibility with supporters to act with care and consideration in the interests of yourself, fellow supporters, the Club and also the health and wellbeing of the community as a whole. Please respect our staff and stewards and if you are unsure of anything please feel free to ask.
- Arrive in good time to go through all of the necessary entry procedures. Please download either the Evepass or NHS App prior to arrival if possible to assist our staff
Please observe social distancing guidelines and avoid close contact with others not in your social bubble. 2mtrs where possible and wearing of facemask where less than 2mtrs. Please note that all seating and standing areas will be less than 2mtrs and a facemask must be worn!
Observe the signs and directions for movement around the ground when accessing public facilties, bar and club shop
Be aware that your temperature may be taken before entry
If you need to leave your viewing position, wait for a time when the gangway is clear and follow the signs or steward’s guidance on which way togo
If you are seated, when moving past other spectators, to and from your seat, please avoid face to face contact with other spectators – sometimes called the ‘brush past’ – have courtesy and turn your back as you pass
If you are standing, please stay within your social bubble and remain aware of others around you at all times
Avoid shouting, chanting or singing, handshakes, hugs, high fives
Maintain good hand hygiene – use the sanitiser dispensers provided and avoid touching your face, or handles, railings etc, whenever possible
For spectators in standing areas, respond to requests to spread out or move to another area