F.A. Women’s National League
South-East Division 1

Sunday 20 September 2020

The Blues

1. Alex Baker
5. Danica Dougal
6. Hannah Porter
7. Jay Blackie
9. Therese Addison
10. Robyn Moody
11. Georgie Morton
13. Zoe Rushton
14. Teni Charles
17. Freya Fuller
21. Kerry Stimson

3. Esme Lancaster (Moody)
4. Lucy Jones
12. Millie Stacey (Morton)
15. Courtney Lumley (Porter)
20. Amy Mullett

Goal Scorers

15′ – Therese Addison (Penalty)
21′ – Teni Charles
30′ – Freya Fuller
77′ – Zoe Rushen

League Results

AFC Wimbledon 3-2 Enfield Town
Actonians 5-0 Stevenage
Caambridge United 4-1 Norwich City
Ipswich Town 1-0 Hashtag United
Leyton Orient 1-1 Kent Football United

Coming Up

Ipswich Town
FAWNL South-East 1
New Lodge, Billericay
Sunday 27 September 2020
Buy Tickets Online

Hashtag United
FAWNL South-East 1
New Lodge, Billericay
Wednesday 30 September 2020
Buy Tickets Online

Cambridge United
FAWNL South-East 1
St. Neots Town FC, PE19 6SL
Sunday 4 October 2020

Billericay Sports Hub
Billericay Town F.C.
Supporters Society

The Women’s team started their league season at Cambridge City this Sunday by announcing the signing of Georgie Morton from Tottenham’s Under 21’s. She made her debut along with Teni Charles.

Scott Chickleday with Georgie Morton.

Lucy Jones moved on to the bench as she rested ahead of the two home matches that are coming up.

Karissa Rodney is a few weeks away from a return to training, with Megan Harley ready to start training again, whilst Hannah Porter returned to the side after being unable to play for last weekend’s friendly.

The match started quite evenly whilst both teams tried to settle in to their rhythm. Cambridge City saw a lot of the ball but Town grew in to the match. In the 15th minute City were attempting to clear the ball from their area but managed to bring Zoe Rushen down, and a penalty was awarded.

Therese Addison placed the ball on the spot and slammed it in to the net for Billericay’s first goal of the season.

City restarted and immediately created a chance, but it was safely gathered by Alex Baker. City would also hit the woodwork in their search for an equaliser.

With the match just 20 minutes old an Addison corner was met by the head of Jay Blackie but it found the keepers gloves.

A minute later and Teni Charles marked her debut with a goal. She struck a low, powerful shot from around 25 yards in to the City keepers bottom right corner.

The Blues kept the pressure on Cambridge’s defence and won a free-kick. Danica Dougal’s free-kick curled in to the area and Jay Blackie reached it first, but her headed effort just went over the bar.

Therese Addison and Zoe Rushen linked well in the area to create a chance for Georgie Morton, but her point blank effort was really well saved, and went out for a corner.

With half hour gone Hannah Porter found Therese, who flicked the ball behind City’s defence. Freya Fuller reacted quickly and reached the ball before everyone else to make it 3-0.

Minutes later and Zoe Rushen was at the centre of the action again. It was Hannah Porter that found Zoe in the box. Zoe controlled the ball with her back to the goal but turned to strike it on the half volley only to see the effort go wide.

Cambridge started the second half in a lively mood as they looked to make an impact on the score. The Blues back three of Kerry Stimson, Danica Dougal and Hannah Porter dealt with everything thrown at them comfortably.

An hour in to the match and a double substitution brought Esme Lancaster and Courtney Lumley in to the match, with Hannah Porter and Robyn Moody heading to the bench.

Therese Addison was a thorn in the side of whichever unfortunate player had to mark her. She curled an effort from outside the box in to the keepers hands, and a few minutes later lost her marker and a shot forced a corner for Town.

Debutant Georgina Morton was replaced by Millie Stacey. Morton had a very strong debut and should be happy with her contribution in midfield.

There was only 15 minutes left when Therese struck a free-kick goalwards. It curled then dipped, then smashed against the crossbar before being cleared.

Another free-kick went out for a corner. Addison curled the ball in to the far post where Zoe Rushen was free to head in The Blues fourth goal of the day.

City kept harassing Billericay and attempting to push forward, but for little reward. Their determination and pace in the attack didn’t quite create the chance they needed. They did eventually hit the back of Alex Baker’s net, only to see the match official raise his flag for an offside.

Minutes before the final whistle Freya Fuller chased the ball in to the area but caught the keeper, earning herself the only booking of the match.

It was a very strong team performance with everyone working hard and keeping possession well throughout the match.

The Reserves recording a fantastic 6-1 away victory in Canvey Island against a Hashtag side to cap the day.

The Ladies face Ipswich Town at New Lodge on Sunday 27 September 2020, with the game starting a 2:00pm.

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This